Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Snippets from today

Driven by a deep desire to communicate with my fellow netizens (most of who never listen to me anyways...grrrr...) and tormented by a lack of anything substantive to say, I thought I will ramble about some inconsequential stuff... what can be more irrelevant than the question of "what time I hit the bed yesterday". So I will start right there! No punch lines, no useful information, no philosophical ramblings, no cribs, no opinions and no questions for today!

I slept late yesternight after watching "Lord of the Rings", Parts I and II for the tenth time. I love the wars, the fight scenes and I keep watching them again and again in the hope that on-screen chivalry will diffuse through the phosphorescent piece of glass into the animal lurking on the blue-colored sofa. I got all excited in the morning, woke up rather early and came to the lab to finish off the final piece of my thesis: the acknowledgments. I did write for three hours and filled up three pages. Yes, its a bit too long and mAma had tried to coerce me, warn me and later threaten me against going beyond half a page to no avail.

For lunch, I had to decide between Jerusalem (the iraqi restaurant which serves wonderful Falafil sandwiches. P had claimed a month ago that the waiter/server/manager never smiles at anyone and I had triumped by actually holding a conversation with him last week during which I was treated to his charming laughter. This is significant considering my, rapidly-waning-but-still-present hostile attitude towards people in general. Puzzleing when I realized that I never told him any jokes) or should it be Qdoba (the pretty mexican restaurant that serves excellent vegetable burritos)? Pondering thus, I reach the busiest intersection in town and see Awi laughing and smiling into his phone. Even before I could finish gleefully speculating on whether he is talking to his as-yet-unknown-to-the-public girlfriend, I was struck by the sight of G & S walk with hands wrapped around each other's shoulders - now, that *is* amusing! I never thought of them as the typical romantic couple that show any public display of affection. Boy, was I wrong! Buoyed by the goodness around me, I cross the road completely oblivious to the monster MTD bus lurking nearby. He honks mildly, about 50 people look at me and I walk with a wide grin on my face. The sunshine, the people, the energy - it all felt good. God, thats all has happened today. But given that I have been awake for just over 5 hours, nothing much can happen, right?

Anyways, the information for what its worth, is that I did lunch at Qdobas. So let me get back to eating the burritos... :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger littlecow said...

@a: on the rare occasion it works, it gets mentioned on my blog! :-)

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home