Sunday, April 10, 2005

Piranda Naal Vaazhthukkal... Feliz CumpleaƱos...

April 10th was the day I was born. Usually my birthdays are celebrated on this day unless something drastic happens -- which has, thankfully, not happened so far. I woke up to the usual early birds that decided to torment me today (just like any other weekend, i suppose) with phone calls. Of course, when I scold, they come up with flimsy excuses citing lunar eclipses, radar failure, Iridium contamination etc. Today being my day, I magnanimously pardoned them (mostly with the devious intention of receiving their gifts before scolding them)... as a result of my brilliant strategy, i am now the proud owner of an electronic dart board, a heavy key chain, half a cake, some greeting cards and a greeting card guised as a powerpoint presentation (these sweet geeks!). And these wonderful people had also cleverly figured out that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach... they fed me an abundance of idlis and dosas along with plenty of home made gulab jamoons and machine made rosogullas. My normally stoic roommate A and his ebullient friend S made yummy omlets in the afternoon and A (dubiously?) claimed he made it for me. :-) Put to sleep by the abundance of affection, my head even conjured up a dream in the midst of my happy afternoon siesta -- I discover an error in the clark tables ("log book"). And while I was busy trying to figure out the ramifications of my discovery for science in general, S called and woke me up. After rambling something for a while, I went back to blissful sleep...

8 Comments:

Blogger littlecow said...

@~A~: Thank ya!

10:43 AM  
Blogger Vignesh said...

Woohoo !!! Sorry I missed your budday and all !!!! Happy happy !!!

11:38 PM  
Blogger littlecow said...

gladious! there is the next time anyways. Cheers!

11:48 PM  
Blogger Kumari said...

Oopsie..am way too late but hey we can always celebrate the year through...so here's wishing you tons of fun things all year around:)

8:32 PM  
Blogger littlecow said...

@kumari: sorry, i ate up the cake without waiting for you... nesht time, perhaps... extending your own logic, happy birthday to you too!

8:45 AM  
Blogger Born a Libran said...

Dude, The Omelette was made cos it was ur b'day. Quite true to form, I haven't made much else for you to eat during the past yr or so... Its not been so the other way... You have made lots of stuff for me to eat and been taking care of the house pretty well... So heres the thanks for it all... cos u wont get it again for the next 20 yrs or so...

-The aforementioned A.

9:52 AM  
Blogger littlecow said...

where are you going for the next 20 years? even if you are not going, whats up with 20? 42 i can understand but 20??

5:51 PM  
Blogger Born a Libran said...

In about 20 yrs from now, I plan to wake up from my childhood and mature a bit...

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home