Wednesday, May 04, 2005

David and Goliath...

Summer is a time of immense fun in yours truly's household at Madras. My naughty cousins decend on to my house with the singular intention of accelerating their growth. Since they exceed a critical mass, they are on auto-pilot and need no guidance. The grown ups are only too happy to get rid of these adolescent pests which happily play cricket, bully neighborhood kids, spend their time in arboreal adventures, create a trail of destruction and for good measure tutor little kids to follow their path five years down the road. I singularly miss these occasions but I hear most of what happens. Here is a snippet:

My sis, pappu (yet another bored university student), is about to sleep while my cousin bro vichu is sitting at the dining table watching a happy lizard wagging its tail on the wall , muching on something that is obviously not healthy. In a fit of inspirational rage, pappu wakes up in midsleep, lands in front of him armed with stationery and starts scribbling:

"Give me wind. I wish to fly.
Give me light. I wish to shine.
....
Give me your hand. I wish to hold it for ever."

Satisfied with her creativity, she asks vichu (in 10th std),
"What do you think about it?"

Vichu does not think much about it but keeps his opinion to himself and instead asks her in the politest of voices
"Can I write another line?"

She slides the paper and pencil toward him in great expectation. With a flourish, our dude delivers:

"Give me an eraser. I wish to get rid of the previous lines"

thus frightening the lizard and creating a warzone out of a tranquil pillaimar household.

4 Comments:

Blogger विजय ठाकुर said...

you have great critical masses to deal with. i came here and improob-ED my inglish a little bit, looking at the creativity your bro has, as iven 2day my inglish is hajaar fucked. :)

6:28 PM  
Blogger littlecow said...

agar aapko angrezi nahin aata, to kripya aapke tippani aap hindi mein hi likhen. and yeah, try to graduate above four letter words -- maybe your inglish will improve. :-)

welcome anyways!

10:16 PM  
Blogger The Tobacconist said...

nice post. had a good laugh.

5:36 PM  
Blogger littlecow said...

@sanketh: thanks!

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home